Mar 26, 2008

Stamps Stamps and MORE stamps!

I'm back from my vacation! Nearly all of my family is in Arizona and boy did it feel good to spend a week with them! I've been home only 2 days and I miss them gobs already!

Well, since I recently fell in love with stamp carving, I took my tools and such with me to show my sister (Amy over at Cheeky Beak) just how fun it is. We ended up laughing while carving stamps nearly all week. What great soul therapy! It is official- I now have her hooked on hand carved stamps too! Here are some of the stamps we made up from our own designs.

Here is a little girl (made for my daughter) that I made and an owl and lady bug that Amy made.


You can see all the stamps we made littering the green paper. Amy made some very cute frog muffin stamps, a monkey and some beautiful flourishes too. I made a doll stamp- fashioned after my Isa doll, another girl stamp (with buns in her hair) and a fish that my 3 yr old drew for me. I'll post some more photos of those later along with photos of the stationary boxes (with hand stamped stationary) that we made for our daughters. We made them so our daughters can write to eachother while away from one another.

1 comments:

Tasha said...

hey
i just came across your bog and i love it , i like doing paper crafts too. how do you make your own stamps that sounds neat.