I just can't seem to stop thinking about what I can carve next! Here are a few more stamps that Amy and I made while I was visiting with her. And I'm sure there will be lots more on the way! I have a little boy sketch that I would like to carve into a stamp soon along with a couple robots. With all these boys in the house, I need to make a few stamps with a little more machisimo!
I am so impatient when it comes to me getting a creative idea and wanting to put it in action. Amy was using the carving tool and with her using the only handle- I decided that I'd carve this little girl by holding the carving tips in hand. She turned out pretty good, I think! The flourishes are from a stamp that Amy made for me.

Here is the little girl stamp that I made after my daughter. I found out the hard way that Stazon ink eats away at Speedball rubber (the little notches in her hair at the right).

I made this after my first doll Isa. I made a little mistake on her eye (which is all it takes when youre carving!) and at my sister Amys suggestion- I turned her into a winking Isa.

My youngest, Little Luke, drew this fishie for me a couple months ago and I just love it! So I made it into a stamp for him.






0 comments:
Post a Comment