With all these new baby girls springing up in our family, I wanted to make an infant baby doll just for them. Something like my other dolls- just smaller. So I mulled ideas over and over in my head and one morning as Luke and I laid in bed (he always crawls into bed with me in the morning to watch his cartoons- love it!) "Dulcie" came to me. I sketched her out, ordered the teething rings, gathered the fabrics and ribbons and about a week later, Dulcie - baby sister to Isa - was born. I am so pleased with how she turned out! Yay!

Dulcie is 8 inches (including the ribbon) and her face- along with detailing to the fabric around face- is hand stitched. I wanted her to have texture so the back is chenille and the ribbons are different textures as well. She is holding a natural beechnut teething ring.
Luke, holding a slightly unfinished Dulcie. In the excitement to finish her, I forgot her lashes! Ooopps!





4 comments:
I love her!!!
She is lovely
That has to be one of the most brilliant things I have seen in a long time!! Do you sell these, or the patterns to make them???
Hi, Lisa! It's your cousin, Nicole <3 What a cutie you made :) Ahaha, it seems we have somethings in common: I love crafting, made the pledge to buy homemade, and go to etsy ;) Oh, and I'm a SAHM, too! Lots of love and kissus for you and yours (and the extended family) xoxo
Post a Comment