Apr 11, 2008

Writing Box

While I was at my sister's, we started to make these little writing boxes for our daughters so they can write each other while apart. Amy finished her daughters' boxes up pretty quickly but I was a bit slow. I wanted to use the sparkle alphabet stickers I had at home. So, finally (weeks later) I finished Emily's writing box! I'm so glad that she loves it. She needs work on her writing skills and I am so excited that I might have found a way to peek her interest! Now all I need to do is buy a pretty book of stamps and she will be all set!


The Front:
The cigar box was purchased at Michaels (though I'm pretty sure theyre available at any craft store). I used Basic Grey (solids) and Sassafras Lass (patterned) papers. The owl and flower rub-ons are Sassafras Lass. I also sprayed it- inside and out- with a clear sealer.
The Inside:
Again, Basic Grey (solids) and Sassafras Lass (patterned) papers were used. I bought a plain stationary set and stamped it with the stamps that I carved. The Pandapple/Hello Kitty goodies are from her Auntie Amy.

0 comments: